Caring for Silk
There's a rumor that laundering 100% silk sheets is difficult and time-consuming. For Celestial Silk products, this is simply not true.
Mulberry silk sheets and silk pillowcases from Celestial Silk are made with your lifestyle in mind. Follow the care guidelines below for optimal appearance and durability of your mulberry silk pillowcases and pure silk sheet sets.
- Machine wash (inside out) with similar materials in cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use delicate, pH balanced detergent meant for fine materials. (Never use bleach.)
Ideally, minimize spin time to keep silk's shiny luster.
- Like all delicate materials, air dry inside, if possible, for optimal durability and appearance. (Prolonged sun exposure will harm your silk, so do not hang outside to dry on bright sunny days).
- It is not recommended (the silk will weaken and lose some of its luster) But...If you must use a dryer, tumble on cool, delicate or air-fluff setting for a few minutes. Remove silk when 80-85% dry.
- If you would like to iron to return the silk to its original sheen, use the silk setting when silk is slightly damp. Always iron inside-out to avoid damage.
- Silk sheets do not like sharp objects, so keep pet nails trimmed or keep pets off of silk bedding for optimal durability and appearance.